Tuesday, April 28, 2020

March 16, 2020

Good Morning!!
I don't know the last time that I was able to take a picture of a beautiful sunrise at home. This was a chilly morning and we will be getting ready to start our new normal. We are all on a learning curve and will be trying to figure out what is best for us. Yes, I can have a schedule all written up, but I know it won't go as planned. That is why I just have to go with it. 

So after breakfast, the kids got online to check and see if they got any work for school. Makayla had and she was super excited to get started on it. And here I am thinking, will this last? She is excited to do her school work.. I cannot believe it! And we were off!


 Here is Makayla doing her morning journal work. Today she was supposed to draw 12 dinosaurs and label them. Well, she used her imagination and drew 12 Brachiosaurus. 
She remembered the dinosaur from the zoo with the really long neck and that is what she wanted to draw. And for a girl that has an imagination for drawing, you let her draw what she wants to draw.




Makayla also had some books on her tablet that she could read to me. I love listening to her read and I cannot wait to help her on this journey. We love books and have plenty of them.

Donny didn't have anything on this first day on distant learning. So he was setting up things on his Minecraft game. Something that he has always enjoyed doing.  But I also need to get him away from the computer or he would be there all day and half the night. But he has an awesome world in Minecraft. 





After school work, we went back outside. It was cloudy, but we had to get out there. We also had already filled one garbage can and Donny likes to take them to the end of the driveway. So we played outside for awhile before coming in to continue having some fun before the day was done. 


And when we came in, we of course had to draw some more pictures. I have plenty of masterpieces from this little girl. I could make a book.


And our first day of staying home is complete. Cannot wait to see what the rest of the week has in store for us. 
I love being with my kiddos and this is going to be great!


No comments: