Monday, April 27, 2020

March 14-15, 2020


It is the weekend, first weekend of quarantine. We aren't going anywhere now and we wait to see what happens for the future of many things.

Today I decided it was time to get this house clean...and I mean clean. I am done with the way it looks and want it to be organized. Now I know, we have kids involved and that might not be the easiest thing to do. But I think I can try and get it pretty close. So this weekend was the kitchen. And I say this weekend, as it is never a quick job for me to clean. I am so happy with the way it turned out, now I just pray that it stays this way.

 It was also time to start teaching Donny how to do some things around the house. So while I was cleaning, in between I was teaching him how to do the dishes and use the dishwasher. He may not have been enjoying this lesson in every day life, but it was time. This is now part of his list to do every couple of days. 

I then told the kids that once things were done, we could go outside and enjoy the beautiful sunshine that we were getting. Of course I want my kids to get out and play. They could use all of the fresh air they can get...especially now that they are going to be home for a few weeks. They don't need to be cooped up inside on electronics alllll day long. 
So that is what we did. We went outside. I found all of the outside toys that I could find and discovered that we needed more things to play with outside. I guess when you aren't home much you don't realize things like this. So, hopefully we will be able to get some outdoor toys soon. 
 And yes, my kids love being outside, once you get them there...and sometimes it is tough to get them back inside. But I am thankful that we are all together and we will get thru this.
Now let's get ready for the week..our first week home and distant learning.


No comments: