Friday, February 26, 2021

Our Weekend Away


September 2020

When I got word that my best friend was turning 40 and they were having a surprise birthday party for her, I knew I had to go. And I told my husband that it was going to be a weekend away for us, no kiddos. Which in the long run, is tough for us. But we did it, we made the hotel reservation and we were ready to go. 

So leading up to this weekend was super tough. I mean I talk to my best friend every day, sometimes twice a day. I even talked to her the day of and I was good, never said a word. She even called me when we were almost to our exit on the high way and the GPS was talking, but she never heard it. 🤣

It was a beautiful, but chilly weekend. And we headed out on Friday afternoon. I thought we would drive my car, but we actually drove the Mustang. Love that car! We got into Port Huron around 9pm and checked into the hotel. We went and got dinner, our first time in a restaurant since everything started. It was definitely a different atmosphere, but good food. On Saturday, we got up and went to breakfast. Afterwards we decided to do a little sightseeing. Had to go and check out the lighthouse and the river. Super pretty and it was nice to just be the two of us. Saturday night was the party and it was a blast! So happy I was there for my best friend and the look on her face was great. 

She was surprised too!

On Sunday we got up, took a little drive and then headed over to her house for a little bit. I wanted to visit some more as we do live 3 hours from each other. It was a great weekend away. So happy went went and had the time together.

I cannot wait to plan our next weekend away.

No comments: