Tuesday, June 8, 2010

November 2009 Update

November 2009

Where has the year gone? WOW....This month we started going to Home Depot on Saturday mornings. Donny loved it and was very excited that he made the item himself (with Daddy's help of course!) The first time that we went he made a trivet...it is awesome and will come in handy when we have our own place someday. Along with making the project, he even got a cute little Home Depot apron to put his name and project pins on. And guess what....it is ORANGE!!!!! And yes, we let him use the hammer, but only with our help of course. I love this picture of him though...he is like I can do this, really I can.



As the days were getting shorter, the evenings were getting cooler. We did have one evening though that was fairly warm and we decided to take a little road trip down to Centerville and to see the Covered Bridge. It is such an awesome sight in the fall...so pretty. We did stop at the Covered Bridge park and let Donny run around and throw some stones into the river. We even took Jumper with us...and he wasn't sure what to do with all of the leaves. Donny loved the leaves..kicking them and throwing them into the air. It was a great evening to be out with my boys. And yes, my son is wearing a Carhart...his Daddy bought him that jacket and HE LOVED IT!!!! The sad part is it won't fit him next fall and he will need a bigger one. And yes, mommy got a pink carhart to match!!! I love it as well.

Another road trip that we took this month was to a fun store in Benton Harbor, MI. And if you know my son at all, you know that he loves trains...and the name of the store says it all "I Love Toy Trains" store. And oh my goodness was Donny happy. He didn't want to leave the store. And he wanted to bring everything home of course, but I think that he ended up with maybe a wooden Thomas train. But Daddy and I had decided that it was time to get Donny a train of his own. And we had quite the talk with Santa about maybe bringing Donny a train for Christmas. So, we of course had to go back for a second and a third trip. But that was later on, I will get to that trip later. With this trip we went over onto the beach by the lake and it was beautiful!!! For a november day, it was awesome. There were a lot of people at the beach for a November day. Donny loved swinging on the beach and running in the sand. He was soo excited to be at the beach. A little kid after my own heart. I love the beach as well!! I told him that I couldn't wait for summer!



Over Thanksgiving we went to Chicago again. This time it was great, I was going to get to go shopping on Friday. I couldn't wait! We left Thanksgiving morning and we would be coming home on Saturday afternoon. Donny had a great time and we got to go swimming. That would be the best part for him. Other than mommy forgot to pack his swimming suit, so here we are in Chicago in November, trying to find a swimming suit. Not a great combo. But i did find a pair of Starter shorts and we got some swim diapers and he was all set to go swimming! He had his boat and was ready to go. He even got his Daddy to swim with him! That is the greatest thing to see...my boys swimming and having a great time.
And yes, I went shopping on the day after Thanksgiving. I went to Old Navy and got a bunch of stuff...and I even let my boy have a couple of items when I got back to the hotel. A train shirt and a pair of pants. I think that I may have gone to Wal-Mart and I am sure I went somewhere else, but I couldn't tell ya now where. (Wow, not good trying to write things down 7 months later). We had a great time though. And guess where we stopped on the way home...two very fun places. The bass pro shop in Indiana and we went back to the I love toy train store...and yes again, he wanted everything in the store. =)

How is it almost Christmas? I don't have any idea where this year went...my little boy is 3 and a half...and knows everything about cars and trains. He knows things that I don't even know and always has me in awe. I love this little kid and I am happy to say that he is mine. I am happy that we have an awesome family...a family that loves us and will do anything for us. And I am also thankful that we have our Jumper...I don't know where he would be if we didn't have him...he is our puppy and we love him!

No comments: